Spice up your daily cup.
A bit of cinnamon and nutmeg (and a pinch of cayenne) give your coffee some bite. Cocoa and sugar add a note of sultry sweetness. And warm milk smoothes it all out for a perfectly flavorful cup.
01 Mix the sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne powder together in a large mug.
02 Pour in the coffee.
03 Pour in the warm milk or half and half.
04 Top with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
05 Serve and enjoy.
Recipe: Mexican Coffee
MAKES 12 OZ CUP
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of cayenne powder
- 6oz brewed coffee (try Starbucks® House Blend)
- ⅓ cup whole milk or half and half, warmed
- whipped cream (optional)
Mix sugar, cocoa, and spices in a large mug. Pour in brewed coffee. Stir to incorporate all ingredients. Add warm milk. Top with whipped cream (optional). Serve and enjoy.