An elegant, complex coffee with great depth and subtle cocoa and spice flavors.
Tasting Notes Cocoa & Soft Spice
Enjoy this with: A caramel-dipped apple and an early start to the weekend.
Nestled among three volcanoes, Antigua is a land known for amazing coffee - and we love this one. It’s elegant and refined, with subtle, deep tastes of cocoa and soft spices. The incredible complexity and balance make this a cup we think you'll love too.
How to Brew
Recipe for great coffee
- Use cold, filtered water and a clean machine.
- Grind beans just before brewing:
- Coarse for coffee press
- Medium for automatic drip
- Measure 2 tbsp (10 g) ground coffee for every 6 fl oz (180 ml) water.
To help preserve that fresh flavor, keep this bag sealed tight in a cabinet (not in the refrigerator) and brew within a week of opening.
The Starbucks Roast
Each coffee requires slightly different amounts of time and temperature during the roasting process to create a cup at its peak of aroma, acidity, body and flavor. We classify our coffees in three roast profiles so you can easily find your desired flavor and intensity.
- Blonde: Blonde-roasted coffees have a shorter roast time, lighter body and mellow flavors.
- Medium: Medium-roasted coffees are balanced with smooth and rich flavors.
- Dark: Dark-roasted coffees feature a fuller body and robust, bold flavors.
A Better Cup
We’re committed to ethically sourcing and roasting the highest-quality arabica coffee in the world. When we buy coffee this way, it fosters a better future for farmers, and a more stable climate for the planet. It also helps create a long-term supply of the high-quality beans we’ve been carefully blending, roasting and packing fresh for more than 40 years.