The heart of our espresso beverages. A full-bodied blend with a rich aroma and a hint of caramel.
Tasting Notes Rich & Caramelly
Enjoy this with: A chocolate croissant and a brisk walk to work.
This espresso is part of our history—the same beloved blend we’ve been serving in our stores since we handcrafted the very first Starbucks latte. Much has changed since then, but we still feel that nothing beats this rich blend of high-grown beans. It reaches its flavorful zenith through a longer roast to achieve a dark, caramelly sweetness.
How to Brew
Recipe for great coffee
- Use cold, filtered water and a clean machine.
- Grind beans just before brewing:
- Coarse for coffee press
- Medium for automatic drip
- Measure 2 tbsp (10 g) ground coffee for every 6 fl oz (180 ml) water.
To help preserve that fresh flavor, keep this bag sealed tight in a cabinet (not in the refrigerator) and brew within a week of opening.
The Starbucks Roast
Each coffee requires slightly different amounts of time and temperature during the roasting process to create a cup at its peak of aroma, acidity, body and flavor. We classify our coffees in three roast profiles so you can easily find your desired flavor and intensity.
- Blonde: Blonde-roasted coffees have a shorter roast time, lighter body and mellow flavors.
- Medium: Medium-roasted coffees are balanced with smooth and rich flavors.
- Dark: Dark-roasted coffees feature a fuller body and robust, bold flavors.
A Better Cup
We’re committed to ethically sourcing and roasting the highest-quality arabica coffee in the world. When we buy coffee this way, it fosters a better future for farmers, and a more stable climate for the planet. It also helps create a long-term supply of the high-quality beans we’ve been carefully blending, roasting and packing fresh for more than 40 years.