A nip of Irish whiskey adds a kick to this spiced cold brew coffee.
Step up your iced coffee game by making it a spiced, cold-brewed libation.
01 Fill a glass with ice.
02 Add simple syrup.
03 Pour in whiskey
04 Add the spiced cold brew concentrate with cardamom.
05 Relax and enjoy!
Recipe: Whiskey Cold Brew Coffee
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- ½ cup spiced cold brew concentrate with cardamom (recipe below) or strong coffee
- half and half - optional
Fill glass with ice. Pour in the simple syrup and whiskey, and then the coffee. If you want a richer drink, top with half and half. Enjoy!
Recipe: Spiced Cold Brew Concentrate With Cardamom
- 2½ cups ground coffee for a coffee press (we recommend Starbucks® Guatemala Antigua or Kenya coffee)
- orange peel - about half a medium-sized orange
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3½ cups cold purified water
Add the coffee, orange peel, cardamom, and cloves to a large 12-cup coffee press. Carefully mix to incorporate the ingredients. Add the cold purified water. Set the top gently on top of the beaker, without pressing the plunger. Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 18-24 hours. Press your coffee, pour it into a clean jar, and seal.
If you don’t have a large coffee press, you can use a large jar or bowl. Put the first four ingredients into a mesh bag or cheesecloth, tie it off, and drop it into the jar or bowl. Pour in the water, making sure the ingredients are covered. Let steep for 18-24 hours, remove the bag, gently squeeze its excess liquid into the brew, and discard. Pour the concentrated brew into a clean jar and seal.
Note: You can also use a toddy cold brew system. Directions included.